Crochet Flower Coasters are fun and easy to make. With an assortment of bright colors to choose from, these colorful crocheted items make great gifts!
You only need small amounts of yarn for this Free Pattern so perfect for using up that stash!
How to get the Pattern for the Crochet Flower Coasters
- Free Pattern: Scroll down this blog post for the Instructions and a Video
- Printable PDF: Adfree printable pattern with 3 pages including all details. Thank you for your support! – Purchase on Ravelry and on Etsy
These coasters are a generous 15cm [6in] across and perfect for your coffee table, or even better would make a fabulous addition to your outdoor dining home decor.
If you would like a larger coaster, you could check out this pattern for a crochet circle.
The colorful little flowers are so appealing and would look wonderful on a Summer table in bright color combinations! You may like this pattern for small crochet flower coasters, that look little mandalas!
Crochet Coaster Pattern details and Information
I have made a selection of coasters, some in a single colour and others with a colorful flower in the centre.
You can choose to crochet a single color circle coaster or make your crochet coasters with a pop of color by working the first 2 rounds in contrasting shades.
Stitches for a Crochet Coaster
The crochet flower coasters pattern uses only basic stitches, except for round 2 where you will make some gorgeous treble clusters to form your petals. They are explained in Special Stitches below.
You will also use the Crab Stitch (also called reverse single crochet) for your final round. You can find instructions for the Crab Stitch, including a video in this blog post – Crab Stitch
Check out more Free Crochet Coaster Patterns
This collection has 21 easy crochet coaster patterns – all free!
You may also like to take a look at these other crochet patterns – click on the heading to take you to the pattern.
Yarn for Crochet Flower Coasters
I used an aran weight cotton yarn for my coasters. Cotton yarn is absorbent for spills and easy to wash, and also holds its shape well. Choose any aran weight or worsted weight cotton yarn from your stash and a 4.5mm crochet hook and you are good to go!
The yarn I used is Rico Creative Cotton Aran.
- Small amounts of Aran weight or Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn in your chosen colours.
- 4.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle to weave in threads
You can use a yarn weight of your choice and matching hook. Cotton yarn is recommended
Coasters are approx. 6in [15cm] across when using the suggested yarn weight and hook.
Sl st – slip stitch
Ch – chain
Sc – single crochet
Dc – double crochet
Tr – treble crochet
Yo – yarn over
Beg – beginning
St – stitch
Tr2tog – treble 2 together
Tr3tog – treble 3 together
- You can make your coasters in a single color and or add a pop of color by working the first 2 rounds of the pattern in contrasting shades.
- Read through Special Stitches for round 2
- Ch 3 at beginning of a round counts as 1 dc
- Treble crochet 2 together (tr2tog): In indicated st, work (yo hook twice, insert hook into st, yo and pull up loop, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops) two times, yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook.
- Treble crochet 3 together (tr3tog): In indicated st, work (yo hook twice, insert hook into st, yo and pull up loop, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops) three times, yo and pull through all 4 loops on hook.
- Crab Stitch – you will find all details in this post including a video – Crab Stitch
Video for Crochet Coasters
Instructions for Crochet Flower Coasters
Make a magic ring
Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc here and throughout at beg of a row)), 11 dc into ring. Join with a sl st in top of beg ch 3. Tighten ring and fasten off yarn – 12 dc
Round 2: Join yarn in any st, ch 4, tr2tog in same st (counts as 1 tr3tog), ch 3, * tr3tog in the next st, ch 3; rep from * around. Join with a sl st in 1st ch-3 sp. Fasten off yarn – 12 x tr3tog
Round 3: Join yarn in any ch-3 sp, ch 3, 3 dc in same sp, * 4 dc in next ch-3 sp; rep from * around. Join with a sl st in top of beg ch 3. Do not fasten off yarn – 48 dc
Round 4: Ch 3, 1 dc in same sp. 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, * 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts; rep from * around. Join with a sl st in top of beg ch 3. Fasten off yarn – 60 dc
Round 5: Join in next yarn to any st, ch 1, make a crab stitch in each st around. Join with a sl st to beg ch 1. Fasten off yarn – 60 crab sts
Weave in all threads. You can lightly block your coasters if you wish, by gently hovering a steam iron over each piece. Leave to dry.
The PDF is designed for printing. Thank you for your support!
Pin for later!
If you make this pattern, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and be sure to tag me in your photos so I can see it too, @anniedesigncrochet or #anniedesigncrochet – I can’t wait to see what colours you use with this pattern!
The photographs and pattern contained on this page are the property of Annie Design Crochet.com.
You are welcome to use this pattern to make items to sell, and I would appreciate that you include a link to the free pattern with credit for the designer, thank you!
No unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of this pattern or content is permitted.