This sweet and simple crochet star pattern is a fun and festive way to add some sparkle and cheer to your home decor!
The basic crochet stitches of this free star crochet pattern make it perfect for practicing your crochet skills, and the end result is a beautiful and versatile decoration that you can use in many different ways.
You can find the written instructions for the free crochet star pattern below. There is also a video tutorial to help you.
More Star Crochet Patterns
I have created many free colorful star patterns over the years on my blog! You may like my festive crochet star garland or these quick and easy crochet stars with tassels that only take minutes to make.
Another popular pattern are my christmas crochet stars with their bold beautiful colors.
How to use Crochet Stars!
Here are some fun projects for your stars:
- Crochet stars are a classic holiday decoration.You can hang them on your christmas tree, or display them on wreaths or garlands.
- They can add a cozy and handmade touch to your home all year round. Hang them on walls, windows, or doors, or use them as part of a table or mantle display.
- Crochet stars make for thoughtful and personal gifts, especially for friends and family who appreciate handmade items.
- You can crochet stars in different colors and patterns to match the seasons or holidays. For example, you could make red and green stars for Christmas, or pastel-colored stars for Easter.
- You can use a small star as a pin, a brooch, or a hair accessory, or sew them onto bags, hats, or scarves.
Best Yarn for a Crochet Star
I recommend Cotton Yarn for best results. Cotton is durable and easy to wash and dry, and also holds its shape well. I used a fingering weight cotton yarn to make my little stars but use whatever yarn you have in your stash. These cute crochet stars are a great way to use up any cotton yarn leftovers you have around!
You can make make them as large or small as you want by using a different weight yarn and crochet hook.
You can stiffen your stars by soaking in diluted PVA Glue and leave to dry.
How to Crochet a Star
Find the free crochet pattern below and a video tutorial.
So grab your crochet hook and some yarn, and let’s get started on creating some crochet stars!
Crochet Star Pattern Video
- Hobbii Yarn Rainbow 8/4 Glitter: 4 ply: (50g/170m/185yds/ 95% cotton, 5% polyester)
- Small amounts of colors: 060, 059, 022, 020, 002
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- PVA Glue if you wish to stiffen your stars
- You can use any yarn weight and matching hook
Each Star in 4 ply/fingering weight yarn is 3in [9cm] across
Abbreviations (US Crochet Terms)
- Beg – beginning
- Ch – chain
- St – stitch
- Sc – single crochet
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Tr – treble crochet
- Sl st – slip stitch
- Sp – space
- Rep – repeat
- Stitch counts are given in itallics at the end of a round
- The pattern is written in US Crochet Terms
- Gauge is not important for this pattern
- You can use any yarn weight and matching hook for this pattern
Easy Crochet Star Pattern Instructions
Chain 5 and sl st to 1st ch to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), work 1 dc, ch 1 into ring. Work [2 dc, ch 1] 5 times into ring, join with a sl st to beg ch-3 – 12 dc, 6 x ch-1
Sl st into top of next dc and into next ch-1 sp to be ready for round 2
Round 2: Ch 6, [sl st into next ch-1 sp, ch 6] 5 times, join with a sl st into 1st ch of beg ch 6 – 6 x ch-6
Round 3: Work [1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 tr, ch 3, 1 tr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc] into each ch-6 sp, join with a sl st to beg sc – 6 spokes
Fasten off yarn.
Weave in all threads. Block your stars byadding a pin to each of the star points, and gently hovering a steam iron over each piece. To stiffen your stars, soak in diluted PVA Glue and leave to dry
If you make this pattern, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and be sure to tag me in your photos so I can see it too, @anniedesigncrochet or #anniedesigncrochet – I can’t wait to see what colours you use with this pattern!
The photographs and pattern contained on this page are the property of Annie Design Crochet.com.
You are welcome to use this pattern to make items to sell, and I would appreciate that you include a link to the free pattern with credit for the designer, thank you!
No unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part, or distribution of this pattern or content is permitted.